Thursday, February 18, 2010

How can i get factory paint off of the statue that I am trying to restore?

I had purchased a table set which appears to be some sort of ceramic, the paint in some spots is begining to peel, and it seems the only way that I will be able to repaint it is to strip all the old paint off, because is I don't I'm sure that the new paint won't adhear to the table properly and will peel in no time. I tried to use a regular stripper but it's a really hard process and I'm sure that there has to be an easier way.How can i get factory paint off of the statue that I am trying to restore?
Use Jasco and some steel wool. WEAR GLOVES!


Apply with an old paintbrush. It will say on the can how long to wait. If the table has a deep design, use an old toothbrush. If the table is large, get a few cheap ones because the Jasco will kind of dissolve the plastic after a wile.How can i get factory paint off of the statue that I am trying to restore?
try renting a sandblaster. look in your phonebook under tool rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment