Thursday, February 18, 2010

The sun melted paint off of my factory stereo...help?

I bought a glade scented oil air freshener for my car (the kind that clips into your AC vent...and i left it in there all day while i was working. When i went to my car after work...some paint below the air freshener had melted and swelled...now it is peeling. The glass bottle from the scented oil acted as a magnifying glass with the sun and melted part of my dash (my geuss). Any clue on how to fix this, or does anyone know where i could buy a replacement faceplate? 2004 Mazda RX-8





picture of stock dash:


the melted part is all around the FM/AM button.


http://media.automotive.com/evox/stilllib/mazda/rx-8/2005/4co/57.jpgThe sun melted paint off of my factory stereo...help?
only 3 ways are... one suck it up and just leave it two chip it off and repaint it and three get a new one... just repaint it will gloss black and just tape off all you dont want to get painted!!!The sun melted paint off of my factory stereo...help?
holy crap! So smelling badly is better for the car, eh?


Wow, who'd have thunk that one.


Well, try a junkyard for some new parts.Was there any warning on the Glade package?


Maybe write them a ';nice'; letter explaining what happened. They like consumer feedback. (Johnson and Johnson makes Glade). They may send you something free for advising them of the potential problem.


Don't threaten to sue or anything negative, be positive about it. Until somebody dies or is injured, don't expect a new car.
  • human hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment