Thursday, February 11, 2010

Will a body shop paint job hold up as well as a factory paint job?

I recently purchased a new Nissan Versa hatchback.There was a scratch about 7 inches long on the hatchback door at the time of purchase. The dealership has offered to send it to a local body shop to repaint the entire door. I've heard horror stories about body shop paint jobs starting to crack and peel within a year or two. I really don't know how deep it is. Am I better off just leaving this scratch or should I get the paint job?Will a body shop paint job hold up as well as a factory paint job?
A good body shop can apply urethane paint that will out last the vehicle. I have seen dozens of cars at auto dismantlers that have been there for years -- you can always tell which ones had quality repairs and paint because those particular panels are still bright and shiny while the rest of the car is falling apart.Will a body shop paint job hold up as well as a factory paint job?
If it is a quality body shop, then I'm sure you are fine to get the paint repaired. Even at the factory they have to repair them every now and then. It may get a piece of dirt on it or it may get scratched by an employee putting on some other part. It happens all the time. good luck.
It should last as long. Depends on the body shop though.

No comments:

Post a Comment