Thursday, February 18, 2010

New paint vs waxing glossing factory paint on a car?

I have a 95 Buick and it has a decent factory paint with some rock chips. I was thinking about getting a custom paint job from Maaco done for $1,600. However, since the paint is already pretty decent, I'm thinking about saving money and just getting the car glossed up and waxed, etc. Will that be a better decision and how much does it usually cost? Will the gloss make the paint shine like new again? I have $2,200. If I can get it done for around $500, I can spend the rest on some 22'; rims w/ tires. Or I can just get 17'; chrome for $600 and do a custom paint job for about $1,600. Custom paint job with 17'; rims vs 22'; chrome with glossed up factory paint... what y'all think?New paint vs waxing glossing factory paint on a car?
try the buffing and waxing first. if maaco is charging you that much you ar egetting ripped . you can go to a QUALITY real shop and get a paint job you will be happier with for that or less sometimes. maaco is not a quality job. they are good for what they do but not 1600 good.New paint vs waxing glossing factory paint on a car?
It aint worth it,,Mothers makes the best wax.try hand buffing it then wax she'll look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment