Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to restore (or paint) factory alloy rims?

I have some faded and stained aluminum rims on my Cherokee that are cramping it's style. I find it a bit of a waste of money to go with new rims (the factory ones are not that bad and they have the ';JEEP'; on one of the arms).





So how do I restore them to a nice shiny pretty state?





Alternatively, I may consider painting them (or parts of them). My XJ has the gray/red color scheme; any suggestions?





Thanks!How to restore (or paint) factory alloy rims?
I've got a red S10 and some grungy Z28 wheels (you can see one of them in my avatar). I was thinking of cleaning them up and squirting some black or charcoal paint on them, or maybe a medium silver. Spray cans don't cost too much, so if you don't like one color, it's cheap to try another. DON'T use a drill with a wire brush to clean them up, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment