Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Calumet 4x5'; camera is a dreary factory gray. I would like to paint it pink. Type of paint do you recommend?

I would think rubberized body paint would work well ... less chance of cracking maybe. Call Calumet and see what they say.





Yup, Pink is the new Black and gray is almost black ...My Calumet 4x5'; camera is a dreary factory gray. I would like to paint it pink. Type of paint do you recommend?
Go to a really good paint store with the camera. Find an experienced sales person, and tell him/her what you want to do.





Calumets are often wooden frames, but there were also metal. The parts you want to paint will determine if you need an undercoater, and the number of coats of finish paint. Decide what finish will be best, gloss, semi-gloss, etc. You may have to sand between coats. The process will be similar to painting other objects of like materiel. You can get just about any color you want. Use masking tape to make sure you don't get paint where you don't want it.





Don't paint the bellows. It has to remain flexible and the paint could damage it.My Calumet 4x5'; camera is a dreary factory gray. I would like to paint it pink. Type of paint do you recommend?
So you want to go from gray to ghay? Go old school http://www.strangevehicles.com/images/co鈥?/a> . Pimp that accordion.

No comments:

Post a Comment