Thursday, February 18, 2010

How does factory paint job compare to aftermarket paint job?

My 2007 Honda Pilot that I purchased brand new and have owned for less than 2 years is developing rust all over the vehicle. Honda has tried to clay bar the rust out but it returned the very next day. Now Honda wants to sand and repaint the entire vehicle. I am not comfortable with this and since I paid for a factory finish- that's what I want on my brand new car. How does an aftermarket finish compete with a factory finish? Will the cars value diminish considering it had been entirely repainted??How does factory paint job compare to aftermarket paint job?
The value will not diminish if it is re-painted at the same color using good material in a car oven.Ask for warranty about rust coming back.


After painting ask when one could wax the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment