Thursday, February 18, 2010

How can I take off the factory 4X4 decals off my truck with out damaging the paint?

heat it up using a blow dryer, use credit cards or anything plastic resymboling a credit card. keep sliding the card under the decal until you've removed it....after its removed, get goo gone and spray it on it. let it sit for a couple minutes and use the card to rub of what extra residue its left behind. continue doing this until its gone. then use either quick wax or hard wax and wax the area thats been uncovered. done.How can I take off the factory 4X4 decals off my truck with out damaging the paint?
Many cars,including my '91 jeep,have their vinyl decals under the clear coat of paint. =^ (How can I take off the factory 4X4 decals off my truck with out damaging the paint?
try 95% rubbing acuhoul......cheap @ wal-mart......let soak in..not run all over.....then wax....cause it will take the wax off ur truck....but does not seem to hurt the paint job.


Try it in a small section first !
use melaluca oil or some kind of sticker remover
I took mine off with a hair dryer. not too much heat, just enough to get the decal off. then I used goof off and a 100% cotton rag to gently wipe off the glue. It takes time, but you dont want to scratch the surface.
Hi there, try using a heat gun or hair dryer, it heats the sticker up and llows you to peel it off, it`s a slow process but it does work without damaging paintwork
use a handheld hairdryer to heat and soften the adhesive on the sticker and slowly pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment